Planning & organizing an event can be overwhelming. Once you have decided the date, the next step is to find the right venue. Every event is unique and requires a special kind of space. The earlier you start looking for event space rental, the better. This allows enough time to plan everything and discuss all possible aspects in detail with the venue manager. Here are the five factors that determine the kind of venue you should be looking for.
- The type of event. If you are organizing a music event for a closet group of people, you may want to consider something like a rooftop space. For corporate and personal events with limited guests, you can go for offbeat places too, such as concert halls, but again, it all depends on the overall objective and type of event.
- Your budget. Some event venues are more expensive than others because of many reasons. However, it is best to decide and stick to a budget, so that you don’t have a hard time sorting your choices.
- Location. You don’t want to go for a venue that’s too far from the city limits. This may, in turn, mean additional costs, because you may have to pay for stay of attendees and guests. Make sure that the location of the venue is in sync with the event purpose and objective.
- Flexible options. Many event venues have restrictions with regards to the kind of changes you can make to the décor, or vendors you can work with. Catering, décor, and other arrangements do matter, so find a place that allows enough room to take decisions independently.
- The minimums & maximums. You don’t want too many people to clutter the floor. If an event venue can accommodate 100 guests according to the manager, you wouldn’t want to invite more than 80 people. Check if there is any minimum with regards to number of guests that must be invited.
Your event space determines many aspects of the day, and we recommend that you look for popular spaces, as these venues can add value to your brand and purpose. Make sure to get an estimate in detail with all the inclusions and exclusions, and don’t shy away from asking relevant questions related to the contract. Try and get the preferred venue booked as early as you can, to get assured booking at the right price.